3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Close All Event??? (Excel 2003)

Is there a "Close All" event? I want to be able to know when a user has either clicked the big X, selected the "Close All" option when right clicking an excel group icon on the status bar or whena user holds down the shift key and selects the File menu item and "Close All" then appears.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Close All Event??? (Excel 2003)

The workbook close event should catch all of those. Which one doesn't it catch for you?
    Legare Coleman

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. Yes the regular close events catches the various close Excel WB event except the "Shift" & File menu one, that one only closes the current WB. But more importantly we need to know that the close event is occuring due to someone clicking the Big X, or selecting "Close All"

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

On my Excel 2K, I hold down Shift and click on the File menu, I get "Close All" instead of Close. If I click on that, the Close Event is triggered. If I click on the File menu (without Shift), then I get Close and if I click on that, the Close Event in the workbook being closed is triggered (but not the Close Event in any other open workbook). That looks to me like the way it should work. Is that not how it works for you?

Unfortunately for you, Excel does not pass any information to the Close Event routine to tell it which of the various ways to close the workbook triggered the event.
    Legare Coleman