Lounger
    Thanks

WordPerfect & Word (2000/2003)

Our office files hundreds of documents with our local court every month. Most of the documents we submit can be in PDF. Orders must be submitted in word perfect. We didn't know about this little rule (it isn't the norm in the rest of the country that has already converted) until AFTER we upgraded to Office 2003.

It came time to create our first orders and we learn that MS has removed the Save As WordPerfect feature from Word 2003. (See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistan...,RC,FX,ES,EP,DC).

I thought that I could install Word 2000 into a separate folder on the PC and use the save as feature there. No luck. It seems that the 2000 installation is using the 2003 converters and thus I am unable to save as WPD. I get as far as a popup that says that Word can only open the selected format.

Does anyone know of a way I can save to WPD from a machine that has Office 2003 installed? We really do not want to go back to 2000 as our primary Office app, nor do we want to go back in time to Word Perfect.

Thanks

Thanks

Re: WordPerfect & Word (2000/2003)

MS recommends that if more than one version of Office (or in this case Word) is installed on a machine, the EARLIER version must be installed first. If you require both versions of Word, uninstall 2003, then install 2000, then reinstall 2003 to a different directory.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Thanks

I think buying one or two copies of WordPerfect, to import the Word files and do the conversion, would be safest.

Plan B would be to persuade the court to accept RTF, since WordPerfect can open RTF.

Lounger
    Thanks

I tried this and it did not work. I even went so far as to specifically NOT install the 2003 converter files. This was a fresh machine that had never had Office on it before. Office 2000 installed, conversion works. Office 2003 installed to separate folder, told it NOT to uninstall Word 2000, did not install 2003 converters, get the Word cannot save this format, it can only open it message.

We are hoping that the court will see some sense and allow RTF. That proposal was made when they first announced the procedure and they ignored it. It's looking like copies of WP are in our future.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Have you considered a machine with dual operating systems on it. When I boot up I am presented with a choice of running Windows 98, 2000, or XP. I have Office 97, installed on the Win98 OS; Office 2000 on Win2K; and 2003 installed on WinXP. With a 160G hard drive partitioned to provide a separate virtual drive for each of the OS's as well as virtual drives for my data. I can easily handle the type of problem which you are encountering.
    Regards
    Don