2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Opera Email Folder Management (Opera V8)

I have just installed Opera V8 to determine whether or not to make it both my Browser and Email program

However before I do commission it fully I want to be able to control its Email Folders as I do OE's DBX files

I have been unable to determine where, or how Opera saves its Email Folders

Could anyone please tell me where I can find these Folder files and if each Folder is stored separately in files similar to OE's DBX files, or how OPera handles them

Thanks in advance for your help

Max Rieper

Thanks

Re: Opera Email Folder Management (Opera V8)

Max,
    As far as I can see, Opera stores the emails in text files in Cocuments and SettingsusernameApplication DataOperaOpera 8Mailstoreaccount1, with one file for each month.
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Opera Email Folder Management (Opera V8)

Thanks Rory for your prompt response to my question and I've found Opera's MBS files

Could I please ask you one more question ?

At the moment I keep my C drive fully backed up on an almost daily basis by Norton Ghosting C to D drive
    Then when something goes wrong with my C drive then in the case of Outlook Express I go to D's DBX files which are also in a similar folder area to Opera's, and copy whatever DBX files back into C to correct whatever went wrong !!

I presume that I could do the same with the Opera MBS files, except that I would have to copy whole monthly chunks of emails instead of just the relevant OE's DBX files e.g. Inbox, Sent, etc ??

Could you advise me whether or not that this procedure would work as it does for OE ?

Thanks in advance again

Cheers n Beers
    Max