Star Lounger
    Thanks

'This folder is available to' option (2003)

Hi,

I am involved in a large migration project, going from GroupWise to Outlook 2003. To carry across permission settings we have set permissions on the Exchange server. This is mainly to give PAs access to managers large mailboxes which contain many folders.

However, the managers have some folders they don't want their PAs to see. We have been looking at ways of resolving this, and have found that if you go to the Properties box of a folder and click the Administration tab there is an option 'This folder is available to' which allows you to choose between 'All users with access permissions' and 'Owners only'. we want to be able to choose the Owners only' option, but it is greyed out so you cannot set it. We have looked at why, including looking at Group Policies, but cannot find the reason. Can anybody help?

Thanks, Laurie

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 'This folder is available to' option (2003)

See if this page will help. It could be that you need to specify certain permissions before you have access to that option.Sharing Information in Outlook
    Regards,
    Rudi

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 'This folder is available to' option (2003)

Ah, so maybe you have to give permissions to a colleague first before that setting becomes active? I'm not there until Tuesday now (its a Bank Holiday here in the UK), so I'll test it then.

Thanks for your suggestion, Laurie