New Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2000 - Paste Special Picture

Hello. In Word 2000, how do you anchor a picture to a paragraph marker when doing PasteSpecial as a picture? There is an option in Word 97 but I can't seem to do it in 2000. Many thanks.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Word 2000 - Paste Special Picture

One of the "improvements" of Word 2000. You must do this as a two stage step. Insert the picture - it's always going to float. Now right click it and choose format picture, click the layout tab and choose a wrapping style of inline with text.

In previous versions this was available where it should have been but thats progress. Once the graphic is inline it is not actually anchored anywhere - it moves freely with the text around it and behaves as a big character.

This two step can be simplified with a macro. Let us know if you need such code.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

New Lounger
    Thanks

Is there a way to do it where the picture IS attached to the paragraph marker? I found that if you go to the layout tab and then click the advanced button, there is an option there to lock anchor but my picture is still not attached to the paragraph marker! I am very nervous on leaving my graphic to float over any text!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

If you follow the instructions there is no anchor and the graphic is just another character in a paragraph (it should actually be the only character in the paragraph). Other programs (and Word97) call this Inline Text placement and it is simple to deal with and visible in Normal View. It will not interact with the text other than take up space that text won't flow back into. This should be exactly what you are looking for as the graphic will no longer be floating.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you Andrew! Much appreciated.