Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Attatching PDF form (2002)

Hi,

The website that I'm building needs to include directions. I have this piece done. What is the best approach for attaching a file or creating a link to a .pdf version of the directions the the viewer to print or download?
    Thanks,
    Leesha

Thanks

Re: Attatching PDF form (2002)

You create a hyper link to a file just as you would to any other page on your site. Obviously, the file must be included in your web site (I usually put my downloadable forms and files in a separate folder in the web site). Then, it's just a simple matter of creating a link to that file from the appropriate page on your site. Upload or publish the site and the user can access the file from that link.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hi!

First, I love your quote on a child!

If I store the file in the web itself, when its uploaded I take it the form is uploaded as well? This is my first go at a web page and I'm still grasping all the details.

Thanks,
    Leesha

Thanks

Yes it will. I use both FTP and "Publish" to upload my sites. I will use FTP if the site doesn't use the Front Page Server extensions, and I will use the "Publish" feature of Front Page if the site does use the extensions. The FTP method simply allows you to upload only those files that are necessary and generally takes less storage space on the server. With FTP, you must indicate each file (or page) to be uploaded. If you are Publishing, then everything gets uploaded. and most new users of FP will use this option. You have a few options with Publishing - i.e. upload everything, upload only new content, or upload anything that has changed, and this is very easy to configure.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions