Star Lounger
    Thanks

Bookmarking graphics

Is there a way to anchor a graphic to a bookmark?
    The reason for doing this is to make it easy for a macro to locate a particular graphic (in this case a TIF in the header and/or the footer), select it and delete it.

If not, I'd appreciate any tips on how to get a macro to find a TIF graphic in a header and then delete it. I can't seem to figure this one out, although writing the macro to insert the image was a breeze.

Thanks.

Thanks

Re: Bookmarking graphics

I have done this. Take a look at the letterhead system from
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.addbalance.com/word/download/index.htm#LetterheadSystem>my download page</A> (addbalance.com/word/download/) for an example.

First put in a couple of blank spaces and bookmark them. Then grab the anchor for your graphic and move that anchor between the spaces. (Alternative, put your insertion point between the spaces and insert your graphic.)

This is far from ideal in that you may not need or want a couple of spaces in your document and the bookmark is fragile (as are all bookmarks) and easily deleted by further editing. However, your bookmark will contain your graphic.

In the letterhead system this is used to transfer graphics and textboxes to the letterhead's headers and footers.

There may be much better ways to do this, but I don't know them. Hope this helps.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Bookmarking graphics

Thanks. Somehow I knew you'd be the one with the answer to this. I'll try it and let you know.