Star Lounger
    Thanks

Failed address book import (6)

I'm having trouble transferring the address book from my wife's old computer to her new one. I've done this several times before but the hitch this time seems to be a change in language. The old OE was in English and the new computer has Windows in French. OE is still the same version. I export the address book as a .csv file and then import it. All goes fine but then OE asks me to define the fields I wish to import and the field options are all mangled in the dialogue box. I can only select one option (name, first name, e-mail address, etc.) from the long list of field options and the import process then gives me mangled addresses full of commas. This is very odd and I find it hard to believe that a shift in the language attached to the field dialogue box should cause so much trouble. Should I try to re-export from the old address book with the bare bones minimum (name, e-mail, phone)? I'm at a loss at what to do.

Tony

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Failed address book import (6)

To put an end to things and get some sleep, I simply erased all of the info I transferred over manually and used the files and settings transfer wizard, which handled the job without a problem. I'm thinking my export managed to get corrupted somehow, even if I did do several exports. Sorry to bother everyone.