2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

transfer text (97 sr2)

DoCmd.TransferText acImportFixed, "ImportSpecification", "BTS HoldTable", "PHL390F01VOL1WINAPPSCCMDBASEComplianceBTS Process050803.txt", True, ""
    Is there anyway I can take the name of the file "050803.txt" and have it default into a field in the BTS Hold Table.

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: transfer text (97 sr2)

Can you explain what you mean by "take the name of the file "050803.txt" and have it default into a field in the BTS Hold Table"?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I am going to be passed a text file each day that I have to append to an access table. The name of the file will be in the format "050803.txt" which is the date of the file. I have to then pass this date into the access table so I know which day the records were appended. I have to automate this process so my user just presses a button. Ideally I can get this date passed to me as a field in the record. That may not be able to happen.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

After the import, you can run an update query (from code), but we'd have to know more to be able to provide specific help. Is the filename available in a variable, is it typed in manually, ...? Which field in the table should be updated? Is this field guaranteed to be non-blank in all records that existed before the import?