5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Best way to get it done (Access03)

I have a data base where I need to deal with data that has been split up as follows

Section
    SubSection
    Task
    SubTask
    SubSubTask

I already have data in the db and can get the data reported out in the basic layout that I need. The data was imported in. I then have a table of departments.

My question are as follows
    1. I need to be able to individually tie at least up to the task level the item to specific departments and credentials in those department, for example RN, LPN, or aide. How should I approach the layout of such a situation. In a different db I used a intermediate table when registering students, but that was only on one level of complexity.

2. I also need to create the interface to allow for creation of new items at all five levels.

I guess in both situations I just can't visualize the best approach. Does anyone have an example that I could peek at.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Best way to get it done (Access03)

1. Can you provide more information about what you mean by tying up departments and credentials to levels?

2. With 5 levels, you can use a main form based on the Sections table, with successive subforms for the lower levels. Alternatively, you could use a series of forms linked by command buttons, but that requires VBA code, whereas subforms do most of the work for you without code.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The department table will have just departments, DeptID listed. The tblRequired table will have the following fields, DeptID, RN, LPN, UC, Aide, EL, CL and several other field. With each level of the task there could be a row from the tblRequired table for up to as many departments there are.

Let me work with the subforms.

Thanks Hans.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I guess you'll need an intermediate table for each level up to task then...