Lounger
    Thanks

Copying _themes and _derived folders to CD? (FP 2003 Win XP-pro/sp2)

I have a subweb, which are static pages with the exception of the Front Page navigation elements, that I want to put on a CD. The subweb is on a server which I have access to the data shares. The problem is I don't know how to retrieve the _themes and _derived folders from the server. Neither of the internal folders show up using File Explorer. I can see the _themes folder in Front Page, but Front Page won't allow them to be copied. It will only create shortcuts. When I try to publish the subweb to my C drive or a net share, the navigation is not copied. I even have IIS up and running on my local machine, but it doesn't look like I have the Front Page extensions running and my MMC seems to have disappeared.

How can I copy the _Themes and _derived folders?

Thanks

Re: Copying _themes and _derived folders to CD? (F

Have you asked to see hidden folders/files in Explorer? That should make the theme files visible.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Lounger
    Thanks

Yes.
    One thing I notice is I get the themes by going up to the web root and copy _themes. Those seem to be the gifs and jpegs for the background. They are in a folder by the name of the "theme". Like the folder is "Deasert" if your theme is "Deasert".

Thanks

Hmmm, I never used those themes, but I suspect that even if you copy files to the CD, the browser might not be able to properly assemble the pages. I wonder whether there is a way to "render" or "convert" this FrontPage web to something that doesn't require FrontPage Extensions. There are some programs that will download an entire web site, and in doing this they should be retrieving the pages "as served" and in final format. Maybe something like that would help??

Lounger
    Thanks

No, that is the beauty. FP incorporates all the proper link and src= information when it saves the pages to disk. Currently it just LOOKS like it is not there. The problem is accessing the folders. I was able to get an admin to copy them for me. That is because he can see them when he logs onto the server. But I can't get that kind of access remotely. I can see the regular folders, but not the FP specific ones! What I don't understand is why when I PUBLISH the sub web to my server, the navigation DOESN'T get published! What's the point?