cgschlangen

Organizing Inbox (Outlook 2000 SR-1)

I have a computer that I'm using as a message server here at work which we receive a lot of private messages on... Unfortunately we also recieve non-private messages (that everyone needs access to...) We post the messages after reviewing them - which can be a lot of work...
    To mitigate accidental posting of private messages - I would like to be able to apply a color to the messages which match the criteria of a private message...
    Simple right?!?!? Well - the only way to tell our private messages apart from regular ones is with the designator:
    P R I V A T E
    I can't for the life of my figure out how to get Outlook to recognize the spaces between the letters...
    I've tried "P R I V A T E" - nope
    I've tried P +R +I +V +A +T +E - ditto
    And after other attempts I'm stumped...
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Dan

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Organizing Inbox (Outlook 2000 SR-1)

Dan, are you doing this by trying to set up a rule? If you go to Tools > Rules Wizard > New... you can move messages based on content of subject or body. Click on the highlighted "specific words" section, type in P R I V A T E, and click Add. Then select your "not so public" folder to move the messages to.