2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Powerpoint on Dual Monitor setup

Anybody got any hints on using powerpoint on a dual monitor system. It seems to insist on doing all its work on the primary monitor. I have found MS pages saying,"yup, that's right" but wonder if users have found useful workarounds.

-----Paul-----

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Powerpoint on Dual Monitor setup

Check out <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.iosysoft.com>http://www.iosysoft.com</A>
    I haven't tried it but at $25, if it works, the price is right.
    --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm a doubting it, but without setting up a projector, does anyone know if this works with a laptop running an LCD projector?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I gather you are referring to PPT 2000. I apologize for being non-specific. Am running PPT 7.0.

-----Paul-----

New Lounger
    Thanks

You are right, I could install ppt 97 on my machine real quick and see what I can do, I will get back to you.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Well I have installed and briefly looked at powerpoint 7 and 8. and after looking, I am not sure whether either of them directly supports dual monitors. I can tell you from experience that 2000 does and XP does, but xp has a cool new feature called the presenter view which I have grown really fond of because without special key commands you can skip directly to any slide in the presentation.
    You might be able to find a cheap copy of 2000 on ebay since xp is out.

Sorry I could not help more

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Waoow! You go beyond the call of duty. I don't know many people willing to go thru the pain of a MS install just to help a stranger. I appreciate it.

Admittedly I could upgrade PPT. OTOH, there are a variety of specialized worship softwares out there that do other churchy things as well as show slides on dual monitor setups, some of which automatically create slides from commercial song databases. I might be better spending my money on them.

Anyhow, thanks for the efforts.

-----Paul------

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

While we're on the subject, does anyone know of any news groups/ etc for worship leaders/ slide creators?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi, I am also doing similar things for my church and have a question on the how to get dual monitor such that slide changes in the 2nd monitor process is tracked on the powerpoint window's Slide Sorter View? I find that some slides set given to us are graphics and this do not have word for us to track on the Normal View.

Chin Loon

New Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by WebGenii on 07-Aug-01 21:39.</FONT></P>If you have set up dual monitors in windows, it is VERY easy to set up in powerpoint.
    Open powerpoint and click on the "slide show" tab then click "set up show" In that dialog box, look for the section marked "multiple monitors" and then select which monitor you want the slide show displayed on.

New Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by WebGenii on 07-Aug-01 21:44.</FONT></P>Wow you do this for a church too. I am a high schooler and the only reason I use powerpoint is for the worship during Youth group. Its cool that there is other people out there. And for the help, no problem! Now that I know what you are doing it for, I am even happier that I helped you.

But as you can see from the posts I made, It really took me no time at all. (less that 30 minutes to uninstall xp, and install two different versions and test both of them)

Chris

NORTHPARK

I too am attempting to set powerpoint up to run the slide show on a projector while viewing all the slides on a monitor. My problem is that the box for "multiple monitors" is not active. Any ideas on how to get PP to let me select this option ?

Thanks
    Mark

New Lounger
    Thanks

It should automatically be active once you have dual monitors set up in windows.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I had a similar problem, in the end I moved the task bar and the desktop icons to screen two, opened up PP 2000, draged it to screen two and let it present on screen one (the primary monitor)