Star Lounger
    Thanks

Setting location of workgroup templates (Office2003 on a Windows2003 Netwo

I am trying to set the location of workgroup templates (for now in Word, but in the future will need to add PowerPoint and maybe Excel) - preferably through Group Policy, but if not possible through CMW.
    Have found under Office(user) under Shared Paths where I can set Workgroup templates set (in both ADMs and CMW). However - it just doesn't work. I have tried full path, mapped path - nothing registers.
    Am I in the wrong place? Am I missing a step? This setting needs to be deployed to some 100 stations and I'd really hate to do this manually.
    Thanks,
    Ofra

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Setting location of workgroup templates (Office2003 on a Windows2003 N

See MSKB article HOW TO: Specify a Path for Workgroup Templates in Office XP Programs by Using a System Policy.
    You can download Policy Template Files as part of the Office 2003 Resource Kit.

Note: all Office applications share the same Workgroup Templates path, so you only need to set it once.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans. Been there, defined it but it just doesn't take. Which is why I approached the group.
    Ofra

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If all else fails, you could set the registry value, I guess. It's HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice11.0Common GeneralSharedTemplates.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. As a last resort this could be a viable option. I still cannot understand why the obvious - the group policy settings - is not working. But I guess I am not meant to understand all that is MS...

Regards,
    Ofra

Thanks

Re: Setting location of workgroup templates (Offic

If you check the user's registry, is the Policy in there (either under HKEY_CURRENT_USER or HKEY_LOCAL_COMPUTER)?

If you set other group policy settings, are they picked up? (In other words, is the problem limited to this one setting?)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Setting location of workgroup templates (Offic

Registry OK. The Policy didn't register there. Other policies applied through same ADM or CMW do register. Reluctantly I'll try forcing the registry key as per your suggestion, and if it works I'll see if I can follow instructions to put it into an ADM. Thank you for pointing me in this direction.
    Regards,
    Ofra