2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Corrupt Buttons from Control Toolbox (Office 2003/Office XP)

Can anyone help?

I have created a template (doc file) which had a number of control buttons, the control buttons open userforms allowing users to type text etc. When creating the template I did experience a problem with the Control Buttons "Can't exit design mode because Control 'Name' cannot be created". I followed the guidelines and recommendations on the internet which suggested copying the text and buttons over to a new document, this worked well.

The problem I have now is that the template has been deployed, for testing to a group of 20 people. One person from the group (working in Office XP) has received the above error whereas all the other members of the group have not. Has anyone come across the error? Do you know of a fix?

Many thanks
    Jack

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Corrupt Buttons from Control Toolbox (Office 2003/Office XP)

Is this the only person using Office XP, or are there others using XP who don't experience the problem?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

There were 10 people from the Office XP environment and 10 from the Office 2003 environment. No other users experienced the error. I contacted the user and removed the version of the templates she had on her PC and replaced with the ones from my PC, just to ensure that her version had not been corrupted.

She still had the error.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Since other XP users don't have the problem, and since you have made sure that she is using the correct version, I'd say there is something wrong with her version of Word. Let her try Help | Detect and Repair from within Word. You can also point her to Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000)<!/post>.