New Lounger

Time difference on PDC

Hi hope someone can help.
    I have suffered a power cut in one of my sites that just happened to be the home of my PDC. And to my joy when the power came back I found that the bios battery has given up and the date had reset to about 4 years previous. I now have problems login on to the network, IP addresses work fine but if I try to access the server in network neighbourhood I get the following error :-
    Login failure: target account name is incorrect

The event logs on the servers have error messages as below :-

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: NtFrs
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 13508
    Date: 07/09/2005
    Time: 00:26:23
    User: N/A
    Computer: Server1
    The File Replication Service is having trouble enabling replication from Sever2 to Server1 for c:winntsysvoldomain using the DNS name Server2.domain . FRS will keep retrying.
    Following are some of the reasons you would see this warning.

[1] FRS can not correctly resolve the DNS name Server2.domain from this computer.
    [2] FRS is not running on Server2.domain
    [3] The topology information in the Active Directory for this replica has not yet replicated to all the Domain Controllers.

This event log message will appear once per connection, After the problem is fixed you will see another event log message indicating that the connection has been established.
    0000: 00 00 00 00 ....

any help would be appreciated,

Platinum Lounger
    Quedgeley, Gloucester, England

Re: Time difference on PDC

Obviously you have replaced the CMOS battery and reset the time to the correct value!

These sorts of problems were evident when people did testing for the Year 2000 Amusement, by putting their PC and server clocks forward by a year or two when in 1999. Much software (such as Exchange) which relied on accurate, or at least, vaguely accurate, dates was unhappy. But I'm not aware of lasting problems, because most testing was done on test systems. And the dates were put forward and not backwards.

Windows Server 2003's File Replication Service relies on accurate time synchronisation, and the best I can suggest is to hunt round the Microsoft website for information, such as Monitoring and Troubleshooting the File Replication Service.

<font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...