Star Lounger
    Thanks

O97: Emailing Calendar Info Home

I'm using Outlook97 at home and at work (Simple installations: no Exchange, etc.)

Is it possible to transfer calendar information from one location to another so I can import appointments from one computer into the calendar on the other computer?

I have no desire for sharing other information such as Contact entries between the two Outlook installations.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: O97: Emailing Calendar Info Home

Well, I do this using my handy PDA (Visor). However, I am thinking I did successfully export a calendar to another machine once. I will try to look it up for you.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

you have two ways, either add a new pst (file > new > personal folder) and copy new appt to it. or drag and drop the new ones to a floppy disk. reverse the process on the other machine.

you can sort appt by modified dates if you use a table view. (create a custom view)

you can also use the import/export options, but i prefer these manual methods, they give me better control.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

you can also use a website such as visto or fusionone, if you don't have pda software to move them.

in addition, if you don't have many to sync, you can use email to send them to the home address instead of a floppy. file > insert or drop on an open message. be sure to use rtf formatting on the message or send as icals. alternate method is to drop on desktop and zip them, then mail the zip.