Thanks

Balloons hovering on smilies (Opera 8.02)

If I hover over a smilie (or is that a smiley) in a lounge post when using IE, I get a little yellow balloon pop up that says 'grin' or whatever. In Opera I don't (although I do get balloons hovering over other things, such as the 'make a new post' icon). Is this a setting somewhere that I can't find, or just a feature of Opera?

Ian

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Balloons hovering on smilies (Opera 8.02)

Ian

When you hover over my signature, I imagine you may see someting pop up. I am making an assumption that the Smilies in the Lounge only have the alt tag which Microsoft created when designing IE. The original design notes for browsers stated that they were required to have alternative text, MS went a bit further and put the pop up balloon. All the other browser developers did it correctly and did not put the ballon on it. As people got used to it addins were created and the title attribute was created to have this little pop up.

My sig and a lot of other loungers use the alt and title attribute in their signatures so that it can be seen across platforms and is/should becoming industry standard

Admin may clarify it the title attribute is used in Lounge smilies though
    Jerry

Thanks

Yes - when I hover over your signature using IE, the balloon says 'Nothing is real' (and the same in FIrefox and in Netscape 7.2). When I hover over it in Opera it says 'Title: Nothing is real'. Howver in Opera I get no balloon if I hover over where Lex pops up, but I do with the other browsers ('sippin' it slow' and that kind of thing).

Ian

Thanks

Firefox and Opera only display the TITLE attribute in a pop-up. IE will display the TITLE attribute and, if there is no TITLE set in the IMG tag, display the ALT attribute. I don't know whether Lex always has a TITLE or sometimes only has an ALT. (Right now, I see both when I select that area and View Selection Source in Firefox 1.0.6)