5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Toggle SHOW/HIDE spelling & grammar errors (ALL)

I have been doing some work lately that involves copying/pasting text into Word from computer applications & code. Obviously Word sees much of this text as spelling and/or grammar errors. The red & green lines are irritating when I am working with formatting, etc. Is there a way to toggle them on/off? I tried recording a macro and assigning that to a button but I am not getting the effect I wanted.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Toggle SHOW/HIDE spelling & grammar errors (ALL)

Why not turn Check Spelling As You Type and Check Grammar As You Type off altogether? You can still run a spell check whenever you want.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Toggle SHOW/HIDE spelling & grammar errors (ALL)

I could do that. However, most of the time, I prefer to see mistakes as I type as I don't always have the presence of mind to run a spell/grammar check when done. This way, it forces me see the errors. That said, I would still like to toggle it on/off for selected documents.

Thanks

Re: Toggle SHOW/HIDE spelling & grammar errors (AL

I think you should be able to define a style, e.g., SourceCode, and give it a "no proofing" language attribute. You could apply that to your pasted paragraphs to get rid of the spelling and grammar squiggles. This would leave the rest of the document unaffected, and the presence of the style name on the Formatting bar would alert you to any accidental application of the style to other text. (For all I know, Word already contains a style like this!)