4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

browse objects (2003)

Is there a way to have the browse object ignore me? I do a lot of finds and like the Shift-F4 to goto the next find. However, if I do a find, then Ctrl-PgDn also becomes "next find". I'd like the Ctrl-PgDn to remain locked on "next page". My workaround is a macro that resets Ctrl-PgDn to "next page", but I was curious if there was an options setting somewhere that I could set.

Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: browse objects (2003)

Instead of using a macro, you can use a keyboard assignment:
    - Select Tools | Customize...
    - Click Keyboard...
    - If you want the assignment to be available in all documents, make sure that Normal.dot is selected in the 'Save changes in' box.
    - Select 'All commands' in the list of categories.
    - If you want to jump to the top of the next page, select GoToNextPage in the list of commands, and if you want to jump to the same position on the next page, select NextPage.
    - Click in the 'Press new shortcut key' box.
    - Press Ctrl+PgDn.
    - Click Assign.
    - If desired, repeat with GoToPreviousPage or PrevPage and the Ctrl+PgUp shortcut key.
    - Click OK.

PS I assume you are aware that you can simply change the behavior of the browse buttons and of Ctrl+PgUp/PgDn by clicking on the middle browse button. But that involves an extra action.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: browse objects (2003)

thanks
    And yes I was aware of the buttons, but as someone who learned to type in the 60's (decade, not speed <g>), I'm much faster with the keyboard than with the mouse and prefer not to take my hands off the keyboard. My typing has gotten much more accurate with the advent of AutoCorrect.....