Results 1 to 2 of 2
2005-09-13, 13:06 #1
- Join Date
- Sep 2005
- Perth, Western Australia, Australia
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exchange / Outlook Inbox Counter (Outlook 2003)
Does anyone know of a tool that displays the number of messages in an Exchange mailbox?
My team, like many Service Desk teams, deals with a large volume of e-mail on a daily basis into our shared mailbox. Although we always have someone assigned to working through the e-mails and taking the appropriate action, if they get caught up dealing with an urgent support issue the inbound e-mail can start to pile up pretty quickly.
We're searching for a tool that we can monitor the number of messages in the Inbox of a specified Exchange mailbox and display the count on screen. To round out the wish list we came up with the following:
- Able to monitor a specified Exchange mailbox, probably not the user logged on to the workstation running the tool
- Provide a count of the total messages in the Inbox folder
- Provide a count of the messages that were received beyond a configurable threshold, eg. more than 4 hours ago
- Draw attention to messages that were received exceeding a further threshold, eg. more than 8 hours ago, by flashing red, making noise, etc
- Display the message counts in large numbers that can be read from a distance, so the tool can be loaded onto a workstation visible to everyone in the room
I'm sure that there must be other Service Desk, Help Desk and support teams that could also benefit from a tool like this and I'd welcome any advice or ideas.
If there are any developers that are interested in developing a tool like this, please contact me. My company has no problem with paying a fair price for such a tool.
2005-09-13, 13:09 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts
Re: Exchange / Outlook Inbox Counter (Outlook 2003)
Also posted in the Outlook forum. To avoid confusion and duplication, this thread is locked. Please post all replies in the thread starting at <post#=517,340>post 517,340</post: >.