2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Can't set Subdatasheet to [None] (2003)

I have various back-end MDBs in 2000 format. I cannot change their tables' Subdatasheet Name property to [None] using Access 2003. I can do it using Access 2000.
    Am I missing something? If a developer only has Access 2003 installed and wants to use Access 2000 Default File Format (which I've seen recommended on this forum) how would he/she change the Subdatasheet Name property to [None] (also recommended by various posts on this forum)?
    Thanks for your help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't set Subdatasheet to [None] (2003)

It shouldn't matter whether you use Access 2000, 2002 or 2003 - it should be possible to edit the Subdatasheet Name property of tables in an Access 2000 format database. You must do it in the backend database itself, not from the frontend.

Make sure that you have turned off Track Name AutoCorrect Info in the General tab of Tools | Options... (this is a per-database setting), then Compact and Repair the database (Tools | Database Utilities). See if you can edit the Subdatasheet Name property then.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Can't set Subdatasheet to [None] (2003)

Thanks Hans,
    That worked. I had recreated a back-end mdb and had overlooked clearing Track Name AutoCorrect. That's probably why all the tables' Subdatasheet Name got set to [Auto] when I imported them from the original mdb. It's odd, though, that I could change the property using Access 2000 when I couldn't with Access 2003.
    Thanks again.