Star Lounger
    Thanks

Shortcut to create plain text message (Outlook 2003 SP1)

Hi all

I normally create HTML messages (and want this to continue to be my default) but I frequently also need to create plain text messages. Does anyone know if it is possible to create a shortcut on the desktop or quick launch bar that will create a new plain text message? If it is possible, I'd be grateful for a tip.

Thanks heaps

Neil

Thanks

Re: Shortcut to create plain text message (Outlook

If you make plain text your default format... What about using a template (.oft file)? You could try the /t switch (see in-product help or Microsoft Office Assistance: Command-line switches). If you save a plain text message as a template, does it create a plain text message?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Shortcut to create plain text message (Outlook

Jefferson g'day

Thanks again for your prompt reply. Of course, you were right on the money.

I should have mentioned in my post that I had already tried saving a plain text message as an OFT file - but when I created a message based on it, it came up as HTML in any case (which answers your question).

But I never thought to take the reverse approach as you suggested - and it works a treat. I now have a conventional "new Outlook message" shortcut on my quick launch bar for plain text emails, and a programmable key on my keyboard which is linked to the OFT file based on my standard HTML template.

You're a legend - thanks again, Jefferson (will I ever tire of writing that?)

Cheers

Neil