2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Same table relationships (2003)

Huge screenshot reduced in size by HansV - please don't post images larger than 640x480 pixels.

Attached is a relationship graph for a databse thta I use to do some strategic planning by assessing the objectives the SWOT against (strenght, weakness). As it is now this database works with companies without link with each other. I would like to add the possibility to link one company to a mother company and to be able to assess the objective of this company against the SWOT of the mother company.
    What is the best way to have this relation ship? Can I have a relation inside of the same table (tblcompanies) by adding a field (MotherCompany)? Or is It better to create a new table for the mother companies or the sisters comapanies knowing that the rest of he tables will have to have the current relatonship.
    Regards,
    Marcel

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Same table relationships (2003)

You can add a field ParentID to tblCompanies, and create a relationship from ParentID to ID. Access will automatically add a copy of tblCompanies to the Relationships window to be able to display the relationship, but this is for display only.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Same table relationships (2003)

Thank you Hans
    Marcel