4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

More Reviewing Toolbar (Word 2003)

I have found the constant appearance of the Reviewing toolbar in Word an agravation. I am constantly turning it off and it is constantly reappearing. I saw in a previous thread a suggestion that it can be turned on permantly by VB code so this suggests it could be turned off through code as well. So what would be great would be to turn it off unless I go the View Toolbars and manually turn it on.

I saw that this type of functionallity takes advanced code. I am fair with VB code, although most of my experience is with Access and Excel. I would really like to give this a try if someone has some code to work with.

Thnak you,
    Carla

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: More Reviewing Toolbar (Word 2003)

You can use the DocumentChange event of the Application object to turn off the Reviewing toolbar as you switch between documents. Working with application level events requires creating a class module and define a WithEvents object variable that is set to Application. If you look up DocumentChange and WithEvents in the online help, you'll find information. There is an example in <post#=203498>post 203498</post#>, the event procedure needed here is much simpler. Using the same names as in that post:

Private Sub appWrd_DocumentChange()
    Application.CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False
    End Sub

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: More Reviewing Toolbar (Word 2003)

Hans,

Thank you for the information. I have started with the simpler Document Change version and it works fine. I will give a go at the more advanced information as well. I have OK programming skills and this would be a stretch for me, so it should be a great opportunity for learning.

As always thank you for your help.
    Carla