3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

DVD Movie Writer

Hope I am in the right forum?
    I am using an HP dvd MovieWriter dc4000, with WinXP Home(SP2) with a modest degree of success in creating DVDs. The dc4000 comes bundled with ArcSoft ShowBiz that I have been using. Recently I saw a TV show by Steve Dotto where they were using Windows Movie Maker with the dc4000. instead of ArcSoft. There are some features of Win MM that I would prefer to use. I have Win Movie Maker2 installed but can't figure out how to Capture the video from my VCR. When I go to the Capture mode I get a little pop-up window telling me the device is not connected.
    Presently the VCR is connected to the dc4000 and thence to the computer. What OR How do I make changes in connections or configuration so that the WinMM will recognize the incoming VHS?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: DVD Movie Writer

Your best bet might be to check Hp's web site for support. Sounds like a driver configuration issue with your card, and I'm not sure anyone that doesn't happen to have the exact same hardware with a VCR connected in a similar fashion would be able to give you too much direct help.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanx for your respose. I have been to HP but no help there. I realize that mine is probably a unique, one-of-a-kind set-up so I'll just struggle along. I must say tho that this is the first time the Lounge hasn't had a solution for my problems.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Am I reading your message right that the bundled software will recognize the VCR, but your prefered software won't?

A VCR plugged into one of these things shouldn't be that unusual of a situation.

You might try an AV-geek website, like http://htpcnews.com. You have a good chance of running into someone who has your hardware.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Could you capture the video in ArcSoft and then import the clips into Movie Maker and do what you want with them from there?