2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hiding Access Window (Access 2003)

Is there a way to "hide" or minimize the active application access window to give the illusion that a user is in a stand alone program and not a mdb file? I can hide most everything using the Start Up option menu, but people have a bad tendency to close the app down using the x box on the access window as opposed to the quit button on their menu. Depending on what they happen to be doing at the time closing the app down by shutting down access has caused some unexpected results.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hiding Access Window (Access 2003)

Not really, but you can prevent users from quitting Access by clicking the Application close button. See the thread starting at <post#=301,348>post 301,348</post: >.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Use the Tools/Startup menu which has the option of displaying or not displaying the database container window - we nearly always turn it off. Be aware that it can be made visible by using the F11 key, though you can also block that. Of course there is also the issue of holding down the SHIFT key on startup which will override those settings - unless you disable that capability. <font color=blue>UPDATE - On a more careful reading, I see I missed what you were trying to do, but Hans has pointed you in the right direction. It's too early in the morning here!</font color=blue>
    Wendell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you, as a by product of your reply, I added your web site to my favorites. I use access almost exclusively for office apps at a medium size hospital and as you can imagine, the more the end users see the more they want. Because I am a one man shop, I often find myself out of time in tracking down new techniques and relying heavily on the kindness of strangers. For that I give daily thanks.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you, looks as if you nailed it again.