New Lounger
    Thanks

convert squares to line breaks?

About a month or so ago I saw info on the Net regarding how one would go about replacing boxes that show up in Access tables with line breaks. Foolishly, I forgot to bookmark the site and now I can't find the info again. Can anyone tell me where I can re-locate this information or tell me how to do replace the boxes with Access line breaks?

In case it matters, my boxes are caused by the line breaks within a single Excel cell when I import a table.

Thanks,

Mark

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: convert squares to line breaks?

Mark:

Head on up to the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?ln=en-us&sd=gn>Knowledge Base</A> search page, and look for KB article Q210372 - Imported Excel Carriage Returns become Square Boxes. This will give you a solution that you can implement as long as you're generally familiar with coding and queries. If you have trouble, just post back! Good luck!
    <font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=blue>~Shane</font color=blue></font face=comic>

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: convert squares to line breaks?

Thank you Shane. It's exactly what I needed. I had looked in the KB, but I must not have used a real good search query because I never located it.

Mark