2 Star Lounger

Problem Load Software on my machine (Windows XP)

A friend just gave me a PC (Gateway, PEn III, 192 Ram, Hard Drive 60) with no Operating System and Software Loaded. I have The MS Office XP software on a CD and I want to load it on the PC.
    I turn on the system and it shows me the Gateway Logo I have the CD in the CD slot and I'm connected to Road Runner. The screen continue to change with messages (Managed PC Boot Alert (MBA) V3.20, Node 005004B2D3A1, DHCP

Plutonium Lounger
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA

Re: Problem Load Software on my machine (Windows X

If I'm reading all of this correctly, the FIRST thing you need to do is load an operating system. You can't load Office until there is an OS on the machine. I don't know what OS, if any, that you have but I believe a machine with "only" 192 MB RAM would struggle if not fail with Windows XP, so you might have to load a previous version or add some more memory. THEN, you should be able to load your Office from its CD. BTW, you say it's a Pentium III but what clock speed. For example, I'm currently running a PIII 600 and it was terribly slow with XP a couple years ago until I boosted the RAM to 640...