1. 3 Star Lounger
    Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    Thanks

Formatting a custom header (Excel 2003)

Is there any way to force Excel to print a custom header in the font size I specify?

I have a workbook with various worksheets. Each one is a different size but when printed they are all resized to fit one page. Problem is that when I added a custom header in Arial 14 pt to each sheet it is resized with the page. I want Excel to resize each sheet's contents but to leave the custom header at its original size so that there is consistency when the printed sheets are bound.

Is this do-able?

David

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

3. Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Formatting a custom header (Excel 2003)

The only way I can see to accomplish this would be to not use the "Fit to" print function. You would have to format the sheets by changing font sizes and row heights/column widths so that the pages fit the way you want them to without using that print function.
    Legare Coleman

4. Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

That is not possible, as far as I know. When setting a zoom percentage or fit to page, it is applied to whole pages including headers and footers. You'd have to set the zoom percentage to 100 and fiddle with the font size on each sheet to fit it on one page.

5. 3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

You could print all the headers ahead of time and then reload the paper into the printer and print the worksheets (with the headers removed) onto the same sheets of paper. That way all your headers are the same size, and all your reports fit to the page.

Not very automatic, but the end result is what you're after.