Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

How to move/resize disk partitions?

It's a Long Time since I ever wanted to do this, but PowerQuest used to have a server product, Server Magic, to correspond to their PC product, Partition Magic (it enabled them to charge more!). I can only find Server Magic for Netware now on the Symantec website.

Does anyone know of a product that could take some space from one NTFS partition on a hard disk and give it to an adjacent NTFS partition, on Windows Server 2003? Both partitions are live, with about 9 GB used on one and 10 GB on the other. The first is described by "Disk Management" as the Boot partition (but not the System partition), and it has the added complication of holding Exchange Server 2003...

Thanks!

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts

Re: How to move/resize disk partitions?

John,

Check out Boot Manager, Partition Manager, and Drive Image Utility - BootIt Next Generation. Claims work on Windows 2003 and have a non-destructive partition re-sizing for NTFS.

Joe
    Joe

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: How to move/resize disk partitions?

Thanks, Joe -- I shall have to look at this one pretty thoroughly, to see if it does what I need!

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...