Lounger
    Thanks

Text Marked Do Not Spell Chec (2003 SP1)

When spell checking some (but not all) Word documents, I get a message at the end "text marked do not spell check or grammar". This comes after the spell check has been routinely completed. The only problem is that I don't get the grammar statistics that I want. If any text wasn't spell checked, I don't know what it is.

I googled the problem and found this advice: Press Ctrl+A to select all of the text, click on Tools | Language | Set
    Language | choose your language | uncheck the "Do not check spelling or grammar" and "Detect language automatically" boxes | Default | OK,
    and press F7 to recheck spelling and grammar.

It didn't work.

Anybody have a thought? Thanks.

Bob Gellman

Thanks

Re: Text Marked Do Not Spell Chec (2003 SP1)

You can use Find to find the text marked for no proofing -- see the attached illustration -- but, in some cases, such as date fields, this is automatic and generally harmless. I guess after you find them you can decide whether in your particular situation it's a problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. That enabled me to find the problem. It turned out to the the page number on page three of a three page document. I used the Word numbering feature to insert page numbers. Why page 3 and page 3 only should have been marked "do not spell check" is a mystery to me, but it isn't important. At least I know now to spell check before adding page number.

Bob

Thanks

In theory, the sequence should not matter. The effect of the No Proofing attribute should be limited specifically to the marked text. Of course, practice does not always follow theory, but if you find that obviously misspelled words or ungrammatical text is not flagged elsewhere in the document, it might be a bug.