Star Lounger
    Thanks

Data Filtering & Printing (any)

Hello,

I created a spreadsheet with a data filter which will hide some entire pages that are not to be printed if the criteria is not met. When those pages are filtered out and "hidden", blank pages still print in the place of those pages. How can I have these pages NOT print? Thanks.

-Troy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Data Filtering & Printing (any)

Do you have hard page breaks (i.e. inserted manually) in the worksheet? If you don't have those, Excel should only print what is visible.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you. Yes there were hard page breaks, but I need them because not all pages are the same number of rows. And without the hard page breaks, the pages would carry over to the next page. Is there another solution? Can I fix the page sizes somehow?

-Troy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Filtering and hard page breaks are contradictory in my eyes - the rows will vary depending on the filter, so how could you use fixed page breaks?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well, I want it set up so that certain pages do not print if they are not needed. What other way can I prevent these pages from printing? Since the pages are different sizes, I used the hard page breaks to separate the pages correctly, and I used the filter to hide the pages not needed. Any ideas? Thanks.

-Troy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You could write a macro to print only the pages you need, but it seems complicated.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Some time ago I set hard page breaks in code by using <code>NamedRange.Offset(1, 0)</code> and <code>ActiveWindow.View = xlPageBreakPreview</code>. Don't know whether that's any use in this instance, but I thought I might as well mention it. HTH
    Gre