3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

after update event (access 2000)

Can somebody help me with the AfterUpdate event of the form, which is not working, even though i have no errors with the code.
    According to the attachement sent,in the after update event of the control "Cartons", when no cartons are chosen, the focus should go to
    the control "Quantity". But the focus goes instead to the next control "Unitprice".This is a mistery to me.I am sending the same mirror database
    when the code works.I have named the first example failed and the second example OK.The problem is that the failed example is a stripped copy
    of my real database and i have troubles.
    Can someody help me find out the reason

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: after update event (access 2000)

i am sending also the same database that is ok

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

See the thread starting at <post#=518,772>post 518,772</post: >. Why do you ignore the help given there?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Dear Hans,

I think i owe you an explanation. I owe so much to you in forming my database. and i am so grateful.Now to your question.I have seen i must change my concept thoroughly.Up to now , after choosing the product, the user was directed at first to the cartons.If he did not want cartons, but quantity, then he clicked manually to the control cartons.Now i want to change that. I want that the user is directed at cartons first, and if he wants quantity, he just clicks the Enter button and goes to the control quantity.I will forbid him clicking the quantity button.I will make the database more robust in this case, since i will prevent the user clicking on the wrong place.It is vital for my database.Of course i have also other if clauses in my code, but they are irrelevant to the case and therefore i am not mentioning them.Please help me in this case.I am stuck and cannot go further.i have attached two absolutely identical databases,or at least i think so.In the first case my after update event works and in the second not. But the database names Failed is the the true copy of my real database. i think you have already a general idea what i want to do and if i am not right please correct me

Kind regards

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Dear hans,

I think i have solved my problem. Obviously AfterUpdate was not the right place.When i put the code in OnExit and not in AfterUpdate it works.Thank you once again