3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Legend Issues (PowerPoint 2003)

I have a user who has created a chart with 13 bars of information on the graph - however the legend displays only 5 of the color keys. We cannot figure out to change this - any suggestions?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Legend Issues (PowerPoint 2003)

Is there enough room to display all 13 color keys?
    Have you tried changing the font size of the legend?
    Have you experimented with the placement of the legend (along the bottom of the chart vs on the right hand size)?
    Have you tried turning off the legend, then turning it on again?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

With PP 03, I used the default chart and kept adding more series. After about 17 series, the last series did not appear on the legend. However, I clicked on the legend to select it and then grabbed the middle resize square on the bottom and made the legend smaller, now all of the series are shown. I then streatched it out to the max again. Now when I add more series, the font size of the legend autosizes. HTH --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you - I will try these suggestions.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Ok - I think I see what the user is experiencing. If you put the legend at the top or bottom, the spacing between the items is smaller and everything fits - if you put it on the left or right side, you get more space in between and we cannot figure out how to change this. We can make the font smaller but it is very hard to read. Any suggestions other than just using the top or bottom option?

Thanks
    Melanie

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Don't mess with the font size. Double-click the chart to activate it, then click the legend so that it has little square handles, finally grab the bottom middle handle and move it up slightly. This will cause the legend to autosize. HTH --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>