2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Moving comments 'bubbles' (2003/SP1)

I have several documents that I am editing. However, the 'rules' have changed since these were written, and the comments 'bubbles' that were inserted with Alt-I-M are attached to words in the previous sentence. I need them attached to a space at the end of the sentence/clause, so that I can freely edit the text to which the comments apply (they highlight the page of the reference document that the text refers to).

Is there a way of making this change without deleting and reinserting the comment? I suspect not, but thought I might ask the brilliant minds that gather on this site!!

TIA

Kiwi44

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Moving comments 'bubbles' (2003/SP1)

I don't use the balloons, but if you switch to normal view, the comment reference appears in the document. You can put in your space & drag the comment reference over to just after the space. The yellow "highlight" should disappear from the word. As far as I know, the comments aren't really attached to any word, although they highlight the previous word when you insert them,

Personally, after switching from Word 2000, I find myself disliking the comment feature more & more. The comment reference codes are no longer hyperlinked to the comment pane & I'm not aware of any way to open the pane in normal view, except from the reviewing toolbar (or if you add a toolbar button that allows you to add, delete, or edit a comment, but that's too many mouse clicks).

P.S. I did just discover that I can add the Reviewing Pane command to my View menu and put the ampersand in front of the "a" in Pane. That way, it works the way it used to (although the comment references still aren't hyperlinks).

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Moving comments 'bubbles' (2003/SP1)

Thanks, Phil. I agree that the comment references are a pain, but that is my company's preferred MO for certain things! Moving them is problematic, so the approach I have taken is to tell the writers that they must use the space after the reference!

I also agree with the comments about the reviewing pane - it used to be easy to show. But, I guess that is a Microsoft 'feature' or an upgrade that is really a backward step! The problem is, how do you tell a novice computer user (there are still a few! of those at our client companies!) how to display or turn off the comments? Not easy ...

Kiwi44