2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

last date as criteria (Access 2000)

i have a query showing litres per month week and date.
    I need a query that shows the liters only for the last date
    available.is there any possibility to give he query a criteria to show only the last date ?

SELECT Format([InvoiceDate],'mmmm') AS MonthName, DatePart('m',[invoicedate]) AS MonthNumber, DatePart('ww',[invoicedate]) AS WeekNumber, DatePart('d',[invoicedate]) AS DayNumber, Sum([order details].liters) AS SumOfLiters
    FROM orders INNER JOIN [order details] ON orders.orderid = [order details].OrderID
    GROUP BY Format([InvoiceDate],'mmmm'), DatePart('m',[invoicedate]), DatePart('ww',[invoicedate]), DatePart('d',[invoicedate])
    ORDER BY DatePart('d',[invoicedate]) DESC;

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: last date as criteria (Access 2000)

If you want to show data for the last date only, add the following criteria to the InvoicePart field:

DMax("InvoiceDate","Orders")

and set the Total condition for InvoiceDate to Where.

Note: there doesn't seem to be much point in grouping on MonthName, MonthNumber, WeekNumber and DayNumber if you only want to show data for the last date.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for the reply.Of course i will not need the months and the weeks.I have removed them.Somehow i cannot write down the
    line
    DMax("InvoiceDate","Orders").
    Access does not accept this.
    I think it must be some regional peculiarity,because when i write down DMax("InvoiceDate";"Orders")
    with semicoloumn instead of a comma,i get no error, but when i save it and open it it disappears!

Wil you help ?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If your system uses a comma as decimal separator and a semicolon as list separator, you must use a semicolon in the expression. I don't know why it disappears.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for your reply.Obvisouly this is something with my computer.The same fault i find also with other queries having no date part.
    For example :
    SELECT Sum([order details].liters) AS SumOfLiters, orders.invoicedate
    FROM orders LEFT JOIN [order details] ON orders.orderid = [order details].OrderID
    GROUP BY orders.invoicedate;
    I have tried to make a new coloumn with and DMax("InvoiceDate","Orders") But i have no success. This entry always disappears when i open the query again.
    Apart from the reason, is there any other way to filter and show only the last date from the query ? I

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Perhaps you can post a stripped down copy of the database?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Dear Hans,

In Post 520,059 you have recommended to me to use DMax("Invoicedate","orders") and to set the Total condition for Invoicedate to Where.When i try to set it, the whole DMax disappears from my query.If i leave it as it is, i receive false results.For example, in my attachement, in the query QryDailies,the result for Affiliate Number 1 is 338 which is false,338 is the total quantity for all dates.Could you help me put the where condition on the Invoice?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The idea was to use the DMax expression as criteria, not as a separate column. See attached version.