3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Jumping graphics

Word2k - I write training manuals and paste in a lot of screen captures or bits thereof. Once the picture is pasted, I select and set the wrap text option. Almost always the screen view (and my cursor location) jumps to some previous page, sometimes several pages previous to where I was working. Frequently the graphic jumps away from the desired location, as well. I find it and drag it back into place and all is well, but I'm getting tired of chasing the pictures down. What is happening?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Jumping graphics

Sanora,
    I likewise write training sheets and manuals.
    You will find it more efficient to work in tables and leave the wrapping off your graphics. try to give eah graphic it's own cell where possible. The wrapping causes graphics to jump about.

KTYorke

Some things to check that *may * be causing some trouble:
    Is the graphic you paste in set to floating? Personally I can never figure out the anchors so I make sure the graphics are in the document so there's no chance of it floating over text.

Does the graphic "fall off" the left or right margin? Meaning it goes beyond the margin... if this is the case try resizing the graphic so that it fits within the margins.

hope that helps...
    have fun

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word is not really designed to work as a page layout program, so inserting graphics and text wrap can be a real hassle as you have noted. Although using tables enables a sort of workaround, it would be far better for you to use a proper page layout program, in which you can place text and graphics EXACTLY where you want them. I'd suggest PageMaker, or, at a pinch, even Publisher, which would make what you are trying to do much much easier.