3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Purchase Fonts (True Type)

Looking to buy the following fonts: Calcite, Pro Bold Size 9.5; Calcite Size 9.5; and Calcite & Calcite Pro Bold 10. Does anybody have an idea on where I can to look for these fonts.

Thanks

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Purchase Fonts (True Type)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you... That was it.

Daniel Reyes

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Looks like I jumped the gun on this. The one you showed me is not a TrueTYpe font. I need this font in TrueType or as close as possible. Also, is there a tool that will allow me to convert it to True Type font.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

We have tried using OpenType fonts but the IBM Mainframe software that we use only supports Truetype fonts. We have tried conversion software and some have worked but it takes days/hours to convert each symbol. So far I havenot had any luck in finding this font in Truetype so I am now starting to look for a font that LOOKS like it but still in a Truetype format.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

"The OpenType font format is an extension of the TrueType font format, adding support for PostScript font data. The OpenType font format was developed jointly by Microsoft and Adobe. OpenType fonts and the operating system services which support OpenType fonts provide users with a simple way to install and use fonts, whether the fonts contain TrueType outlines or CFF (PostScript) outlines. "

(For more information, see http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/otover.htm)

In other words, you can use OpenType exactly the same way as (or instead of) TrueType fonts. Open Type fonts mostly use the same .ttf extension.
    If you are using Windows XP, open your Fonts folder (Start | Control Panel | Switch to classic view (if not switched yet) | Fonts). You will see that most of your fonts are OpenType fonts (with the icon with letter "O"), and only some of them (basically old versions) are "true" TrueType fonts (with the icon with letters "TT").

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Because Calcite was created in 2000, it probably was written according to OpenType specification.

Try to check other sources:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Calcite+fonts