Star Lounger
    Thanks

Any sound card with N-sound?

I have video card with tv-out, and I can send the signal to tv using N-view feature from the video card while I still play the game on my computer. The problem is that both sounds will go to tv and the speakers.
    Is it any sound card that will do the same thing as the video card's N-view(send the sound signal to tv from the realplayer, and send the game's sound to pc speakers). I have a built in sound card that has four connectors for 8 channel outputs.
    or via software?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Any sound card with N-sound?

The sole purpose of TV out is to display the computer's display on a TV - for such things as briefings and such. What you are asking for is something different - you basically want your computer to do two things at once - computers are multitasking, but not sound cards. You might be able to do some fancy wiring and patch work using the rear channels for TV audio and the front channels for PC audio - but I don't consider that as being practical.

My suggestion - buy a new TV that supports Picture in Picture and allows for complete sound switching.

Or try head phones.
    Bill (AFE7Ret)
    Freedom is NOT Free!
    Heat is the bane of all electronics!

─────────────────────

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Any sound card with N-sound?

I've thought about this as well, but things have been too chaotic for me to do too much research on. I've had a similar problem happen to me. I'll pop in a DVD into the computer and start watching it on the computer screen. Since the sound is turned way up, the irst time a new mail comes in, I get a giant "BONG" sound over my video. You have to remember to shut off the system sounds.

It would be nice to be able to have multiple sound processors on a PC and have the ability to send sound from certain devices to certain outputs, especially for PCs that have a lot of media funiitonality. Especially since most computers come with basic sound circuitry installed.

But, I have no idea if this is possible now. If it is, I've never heard of it.