Lounger
    Thanks

Envelopes Print Red (2003)

I think this must be a driver/hardware issue, but I'll ask here to see whether anyone has heard of Word's doing this....

Dell laptop, Dell 720 Photo (Lexmark) printer, XP SP2. Everything has worked and still works, except envelope printing. Address and return address both print red! Multiple times, the color for both items has been changed from Automatic to black, and to custom->black. Default has been clicked. Normal.dot has been blown away. No soap.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Envelopes Print Red (2003)

Have you tried modifying the Envelope Address and Envelope Return styles instead of modifying the text directly?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Frank:
    I assume that when you say that you change the default, you went through Tools/Letters & Mailings/Envelopes & Labels/Options/Envelope Options/Font. If you've also renamed normal.dot & that didn't help, maybe it's your Printer properties. I'm not familiar with that printer, but have you checked all the options through the printer/properties? To eliminate any cause by an add-in or normal.dot, you can try the steps at <post#=197827>post 197827</post#>. There is also a troubleshooting KB article at <!mskb=826845>Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 826845<!/mskb>.
    Hope this helps,

Thanks

Just as a double-check, if you intercept the envelope print job by redirecting it to a PDF print driver, does it appear in the expected color? If so, then maybe it is something about the driver.