Lounger
    Thanks

Some Word HotKeys Disabled (2003)

Word 2003 works normally except that fundamental hot keys, such as ctl-p and ctl-s do not work--Word simply doesn't respond to those keys. I can save and print using save and print icons on the tool bar and on the menu, but the hot keys are disabled. Can anyone explain how I can re-enable them?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Some Word HotKeys Disabled (2003)

Try Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000),197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word (97/2000)<!/post>.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Also, make sure that these hotkey settings aren't assigned elsewhere under Windows, as that will take precedent. Under Tools/Customize.../Keyboard button, there is an option to "Reset all", which will set all keyboard combinations back to the default. You can also go to the keyboard dialog box & reassign Ctrl+P & Ctrl+S to FilePrint & FileSave respectively, saving these in normal.dot. Note also that if you're using a custom template that any assignments there will take precendent over normal.dot.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have also had to disable IntelGraphics hotkeys (in Control Panel) at times, but never for Ctrl P or Ctrl S.