2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Split screen (Excel 2000 SP3)

I have just noticed that a screen of data in one of my standard worksheets has somehow become "split". But I don't know how this has happened, or how to un-do it.

The appearance of my data table is that it is split into 2 tables, the righthand being a very narrow table on the right edge of the screen. If I drag the 'boundary' line leftwards, to expose a few columns, I can see that this righthand window is merely a duplication of columns in my main table on the left.

I first spotted it because when I tried to freeze panes 3 columns into the lefthand part of the screen, it didn't behave as I expected. On unfreezing and refreezing, I spotted that the freeze panes line was not appearing where adjacent to the cell I had highlighted, but actually over on the right, on top of this 'new' 'boundary' which has mysteriously appeared in my data.

Can anyone tell me what is happening here, and how to get rid of this 'duplicate' screen?

Thanks

Neil

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Split screen (Excel 2000 SP3)

Hi Neil

You need to select "Window > Remove Split"

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Tony

Doh!

My only excuse is that the "Remove split" option had dropped off the Window drop down menu, due to lack of use!!

Cheers

Neil

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

That is why I always use full menus, I do not like the personalized menus.