Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Accelerator keys (WordXP)

File this away in your neurons. It seems a bit odd to me, and I can't wait until tomorrow to see what happens ....

The GUI form is to respond to the radio buttons and change the caption on the command button to either "deletion date" or "retention date" and append a date 15 years ahead to the caption.

Client asked that the command button be hot-keyed as "T", so that's what i did.

To my surprise, today being Thu 29 Sep, the hot key jumped to the upper-case "T" of the formatted date, ignoring the lower-case "t" of the preliminary caption text. (see snapshots)

OK. I got wise and adjusted the date to tomorrow, giving "Wednesday" as the future date; the hot-key slips back to the text "deletion date" and "retention date"

Thanks

Re: Accelerator keys (WordXP)

Since you can't wait, I'll tell you in advance. If the Accelerator is an upper-case T, the T in Thursday will be underlined. If you want more day-to-day consistency (i.e., if you want the first lower-case "t" in Retention or Deletion underlined regardless of what day it is), make the Accelerator a lower-case "t".

This is the way it works in UserForms anyway. Note also that the case-sensitivity is only a preference. That is, as you've noticed, if the accelerator is an upper-case T and the caption has no upper-case T but there's a lower-case "t", the first lower-case "t" will be underlined. But if there's an upper-case T in the caption, the first upper-case T will be underlined, even if it's preceded by one or more lower-case "t"'s.

Final note and probably needless to say: the triggering key-combination is always Alt+letter, never Alt+Shift+letter, regardless of the case (preference) of the Accelerator.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Accelerator keys (WordXP)

Thanks Steve. Lower-case "t" it is.

I can see that I could have a lot of fun with this, especially if the second variable part of the caption preceded the first (i.e. Date before Title)