2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Version for Operating System (unknown)

I have a friend who is city manager for a very small community. She would like to have FrontPage, but her computer (the only one in the office) runs Windows 98. She said their normal "tech" guy "couldn't obtain a version that will run on Windows 98".

So if I buy an older version (from Ebay or somewhere) for her, should I get FrontPage 98 or FrontPage 2000? Which works best with Windows 98?

pribb

Thanks

Re: Version for Operating System (unknown)

I'm fairly certain I ran FrontPage 2000 on Windows 98 without any problems. That said, there might be other software that would be a better choice if they are starting from scratch (i.e., not maintaining a "web" built in FrontPage 2000 or earlier.)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Jeff. I have thought about offering better software, but basically, the site she wants to now maintain is a site I built for the city myself (using straight HTML code to begin with). But I got lazy and started editting it in FrontPage 2003 at home, simply to convert it to more FrontPage-style because I knew she was going to eventually take over editing/maintaining and she is not very computer literate. I wanted to put it in something she could use knowing she has absolutely NO knowledge of HTML at all whatsoever. So she will need to treat it almost like a Word doc, and FrontPage would do that for her.

That being said, if I have worked on it in FrontPage 2003, and then I give her version 2000 or 98, will it have problems working with the site?

pribb

Thanks

Shouldn't, depending (of course) on what features you used.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile