5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Print to PDF (Publisher 2003)

I created a publication (pub file) with a high resolution (600 dpi) scanned image in the publication. I then printed it to Adobe pdf file. The resulting pdf file contains a low resolution image. How do I correct this.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Print to PDF (Publisher 2003)

You need to change the Adobe PDF settings, the standard settings for Adobe PDF writer will compress images. When you select print, click on properties for the PDF writer to change the settings. If you use the "High quality print" option instead it will set image quality to maximum.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I set the conversion to High Quality and the print failed after about 3 minutes - no explanation given. When I set it to Press Quality it produced a PDF file but the file size was smaller than I expected. Apparently there is a log file for this process that might shed some light, but I can't find it.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Unfortunately I can not help on this. I have experimented with Standard/High Quality Print/Press Quality using Publisher 2003/Acrobat 7.0 Professional. I tried several documents up to 23 pages long that included photos and had no problems, with even the 23 page document being created in less than half a minute. The log file should be in the same directory as the PDF file that is being created.