Star Lounger
    Thanks

Append a single record (2003 / SP1)

Is there a simple way to get an append query to append a single record from one table to another table in the same database?

I have a table that is updated using a form by the users. They would like to have Access copy a new entry from the table (tblSubmission) that the form is bound to into another table (tblTelephoneInterview) when a yes/no box is checked indicating a yes on the Submission Form.

The data base is being used to track the hiring process of new employees. For example, we receive a resume or application from an individual. The person who reviews the resume always enters the basic information about the person into the Submission form and makes the decision as to whether or not they think the person would be a good possible fit for our company or not. If they do think the applicant is a good fit they will check the yes / no box on the form. What I need to be able to do is to append this new record to the next table so the users don't have to copy the same information over and over again. This is an itterative process. We need to move the record from the submissions table into the telephone interview table, and from the telephone interview table into the Group Interview table and from the group interview table into the one - on - one interview table, etc.

I am not a programmer so I would like to be able to do this using querys and actions on the forms if possible.

Thanks

Thom

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Append a single record (2003 / SP1)

You should not copy the same data from one table to another and have as result the same data in 4 or 5 different tables.
    What you should do is add a field in the master table that indicate with a word or a number in which stade the person is.
    For example 1 for Resume, 2 for Intersting, 3 for Telephone Interview, 4 for Group Interview, ...
    Francois