3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Master-Sub documents (WinXP - O2003)

Hi,

Playing with an idea here, would appreciate opinions/ideas.

Want to piece together a report on a daily basis with multiple authors who each writes their little part of the document - these parts are random.
    Document also has tables that are updated through links to Excel - these parts are included every day.

Here's my planned structure:
    Excel updates and other items that are recurring daily will be part of the master doc.
    Items contributed by various authors are inserted through looping code as subdocuments. (presented in dialog, editor ranks inputs and presses "insert")

Here's my question: Having done the macro that handles the insertion and knowing that I have consistent styles in the documents...
    - can I avoid/suppress the "insert subdocument dialogs" (different template, same styles etc.. )

All viewpoints and hints are appreciated.
    Bests,
    RD

PS: Wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called "brightness," but that doesn't work

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Master-Sub documents (WinXP - O2003)

Hi Henrik:
    I'm afraid I don't have a solution for you, but I think you should know that there are many experts that consider Master Documents as something to be avoided, as they tend to corrupt. See Why Master Documents Corrupt.