2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Task window opening order (2003)

I would like the task window to open with the current scheduled tasks shown. It now opens with the slide bar- or whatever it's called at the bottom, displaying the most distant tasks. I have to scroll up to show current tasks. I don't think it always opened this way, but can't find a setting ti change.

Thanks

Re: Task window opening order (2003)

Which view do you use for Tasks? (If you display the Advanced toolbar, there should be a drop-down control for the view.) You maybe able to set the sort order in your view to be descending by date, or you you might want to apply a filter so that only more recent tasks are displayed. You can define your own view and make that your default, and then switch to the other views as needed. Hope this helps (I don't use Outlook's Tasks myself, so I can't test these thoughts on my system.)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Task window opening order (2003)

I do use the Advanced tool bar. I checked out your suggestions, but could not find a place to change how the tasks are displayed at opening. I'm satisfied with the display, that is current at top. It's just that I have to scroll up to get to the beginning. This only happens after opening Outlook. If I open tasks, scroll to top of list, then go to Mail, Calendar, or Contacts and then back to Tasks, Tasks is where I left it - current displayed at top. Now this isn't a big problem, but would be nice if it wasn't this way.
    I now have a new problem. I don't know how new since I haven't tried this for maybe a week. If I have the Task list open and search, that is "find" a word in the Task list, I get a message "The message interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook". Restarting Outlook or XP doesn't eliminate the problem. I cannot use "find".