Lounger
    Thanks

Hidden font not working in style (2003)

I have a character style, BlueOnly, which I use on text within some XML tags. The style simply turns the font blue. Since our documents are very complex and have many XML tags, there are times when I want to hide all the XML and associated comments so I make sure the document formatting is intact. So I turn off the XML tags, hide the blue text, and turn off non-printing character display. This leaves me with a clean view. To hide the blue text, I modify the BlueOnly style to make the font hidden. When I'm done, I display the XML tags again and change the style back (b/c developers don't like it if their non-printing characters aren't displaying).

For some reason, my hidden font trick isn't working today, and it's really frustrating. I set the BlueOnly style to hidden font, and I turn off non-printing characters -- and I still see the hidden font. The text that should be hidden has a light dotted line beneath it, so Word is doing _something_... I tried it on multiple styles, and in more than one document. I quit Word and relaunched it. I rebooted. Still a problem.

Any suggestions?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hidden font not working in style (2003)

Select Tools | Options...
    In the View tab, there's a check box that determines whether hidden text is displayed on screen.
    Note: this has no bearing on the printed output. The Print tab of Tools | Options... has a check box for that.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hidden font not working in style (2003)

Oh... DUH. Thanks, Hans!